HVAC TechnicianSaratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.Job DescriptionServes as the primary heat technician on the job site. Coordinate with Auditors and Program Director to perform the prescribed job in a manner that is thorough, courteous, expeditious, and safe.
- Diagnosis malfunctions of heating system and/or components for the purpose of identifying repair/replacement needs necessary. Ensure the correct application of Energy Services measures.
- Repairs/replaces heating system and/or components for the purpose of providing renovation and preventive maintenance. Review job folders and determine the work to be accomplished and materials needed to complete the project.
- Provide direction or guidance to crew on job site as needed. Report if incidents of tool loss, tool misuse, safety violations, lack of productivity, insubordination and client conflict.
- Be familiar with appropriate National Fire Protection Agency’s (NFPA) regulations and the New York State Mechanical Code. Perform all work In Accordance with (IAW) prevailing codes and the Standard Work System (SWS).
- Timely and accurate processing of all job related work orders.
- Maintain proper inventory controls.
- HVAC Certification or BPI Certification as a Heating Professional. High School Diploma/GED required.
- 3 years “on-the-job” experience as an HVAC Technician.
- Demonstrated aptitude for troubleshooting and diagnosing technical problems. Product and industry knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge of various HVAC systems including hydronic heating systems, steam heating systems, and forced air heating systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Maintain a positive attitude with staff and clientele.
- Ability to work well under pressure and exercise good judgement.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license.
Benefits: position offers $16.00 per hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance and 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.
Upcoming Chamber EventsView All Events »