General LaborerSaratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.Job DescriptionCrew install energy savings measures in homes to reduce the energy burden on customers within Saratoga and Schenectady Counties.
- Will operate hand tools and equipment necessary for the installation of energy reduction measures such as installing high density blown cellulose in sidewalls and attics, replacing windows, and installing air-sealing measures for doors/windows.
- Receive work orders, coordinate with the Production Supervisor and proceed to client’s home to perform the prescribed job in a manner that is thorough, courteous, expeditious, and safe.
- Fulfill the work scope as directed by the Crew Chief and/or Production Supervisor including, but not limited to, work on ladders, basements, attics, outside and confining spaces.
- Responsible for knowledge of and incorporating newly provided Weatherization techniques, such as the Minneapolis blower door, digital manometer, combustion appliance zone (CAZ) testing, pressure diagnostics, etc.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain and properly care for all tools and equipment.
- Maintain accurate documentation of work performed on each unit, including materials used and problems encountered. Count inventory monthly.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years “on-the-job” building construction and/or carpentry experience.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and solve problems based on appropriate math skills and carpentry experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pound tools and equipment. Able to crawl under, in, and through tight and/or dirty spaces. Pull or reach with arms and/or hands, crouch, bend or kneel, climb stairs or ladders. Ability to work from heights no greater than 25 feet.
- Tolerant of exposure to all weather conditions (heat, cold, snow and rain); for periods up to 8 hours.
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a team member, good interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal
- Paid Sick Time
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.
Upcoming Chamber EventsView All Events »