Clerical Office Assistant
Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.
Strong candidate needed to perform all office/clerical duties as required for smooth operation of the office and other duties to support the staff including filing, delivering mail, document tracking, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, taking and distributing messages for regional level offices. Fill-in for classroom ratio when needed.
- Ensuring general office maintenance and support functions.
- Maintaining data entry files/systems and family files.
- Handling telephone communication with tact and courtesy.
- Copying/scanning as requested from staff and supervisor.
- Distributing mail to families, staff, management and main SCEOC office.
- Maintain inventory and supplies, coordinate orders when necessary.
- Maintain approved referrals and resources in file folders, form books, accessible to Family Educators and supervisor.
- Supports Education staff with absenteeism and cancellations as needed in meeting the adult/child ratios for classroom or socialization times.
- Assists Region Manager with organizing child care and transportation support to families for program events, including center-based functions, PACT’s, Family Committee and Policy Council.
This position offers $11.50 per hour. Please send letter of interest along with resume.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
- One year of similar office experience.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and data entry programs.
- Must be willing to obtain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the first 6 months of employment and maintain certification.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to engage customers and represent the mission of the agency.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.