Clerical Assistant - part-time Mechanicville
Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.
Part-time clerical position working 25 hours per week in our Mechanicville site. Will perform all office/clerical duties to ensure a smooth operation of the office as well as other duties to support the daycare staff including filing, delivering mail, document tracking, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, taking and distributing messages for regional level offices. Fill-in for preschool classroom ratio when needed. Shop for event supplies when needed.
This position offers $11.68 per hour and is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Ensuring general office administration and support functions.
- Maintaining data entry files/systems and family files.
- Handling telephone communication with tact and courtesy.
- Copying/scanning as requested from staff and supervisor.
- Distributing mail to families, staff, management and main office.
- Maintain inventory and supplies, coordinate orders when necessary.
- Maintain approved referrals and resources in file folders, form books, accessible to Family Educators and supervisor.
- Supports classroom staff with absenteeism and cancellations by offering coverage in the classroom or during socialization times.
- Assists Region Manager with organizing child care and transportation support to families for program events and functions.
REQUIREMENTS – please send a cover letter along with a resume
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
- One year of similar office experience.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and data entry programs.
- Must be willing to obtain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the first 6 months of employment and maintain certification.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and customers.
- Comfortable assisting in a daycare classroom when needed. Able to work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to engage customers and represent the mission of the agency.
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal and Paid Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid School Breaks
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.