Director of Community Services
Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.
The Director of Community Services will oversee programs that provide families with the services they need to achieve long term self-sufficiency. The Director will provide supervision to service advocates and oversee all aspects of the program.
The ideal candidate should have experience in providing services to families and individuals, and be skilled in:
- Direct advocacy
- Crisis intervention
- Supportive counseling and case management
- Community partnering and resource building
- Program development, implementation and evaluation
- Fundraising and event planning
When applying, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field and 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- Proven experience with supervision, staffing, and performance development
- Budget management, fiscal literacy and grant writing
- Experience in advocating within community-based services
- In-depth knowledge and appreciation of the impact of poverty, homelessness and food insecurity
- Experience working with homeless and at risk families
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), and leadership skills
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal
- Paid Sick Time
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.