Health Services Coordinator
Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.
This position oversees the facilitation of Health Services (Medical, Dental, and Child Safety) as per Head Start Performance Standards, NYS Daycare Regulations, local program policy and, if relevant, other governing authority within Saratoga County. Will involve provision of direct services in the health area in the absence of a health advocate. Requires regular travel to make contact with staff, families, and other agencies. Some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required for events such as home visits, parent teacher conferences, Family Committee meetings, social or community events, etc.
Program Management and Oversight
- Assists Health and Nutrition Manager in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of services for medical, nutrition, dental, and child safety.
- Participates in record keeping, data collection in support of PIR, Community Assessment, program outcome evaluation and monthly reports, as required.
- Provides direct supervision, training and monitoring of the Health Advocate, Nutrition and Home Visitor staff as assigned and ensures their compliance with agency Service Area Plans.
- Provides content area training and technical supervision to staff.
- Works as a member of the SCEOC Management Team.
- Assists Regional Management teams in planning and facilitating family engagement activities, such as Family Committee meetings, family activities, continuing education opportunities, family literacy activities, newsletters, orientations, and workshops.
- Reviews files regularly to ensure service area paperwork is accurate.
- Ensures required health screenings, in collaboration with parents, are completed within mandated 45/90 days of enrollment and evaluations, treatment and follow-up are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors children’s participation and compliance with the schedule of well child care (EPSDT-Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment Program), to include a medical and dental home.
- Monitors immunization status of children and completes annual web-based immunization survey.
- Ensures facilities and equipment promote a healthy and safe environment via random health and safety checks. Monitors inventory and maintenance of first aid supplies.
- Monitors medication administration for assigned caseload.
- Conducts bi-monthly supervisory meetings with assigned health staff.
- Performs annual performance appraisals and IDP development for health staff in conjunction with Region Manager and Health and Nutrition Manager.
- Meets with the Health and Nutrition Manager for supervision, training and technical assistance.
- Adheres to all program policies. Completes all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: please send a letter of interest along with a resume
This position starts at $16.26 per hour.
- Minimum requirement is a degree in a Health Related field.
- Previous experience supervising staff and working with young children is required.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification, ServSafe and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Experience working with low income families preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of family strengths/family centered practice preferred.
- Must be computer literate particularly with basic office software.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Comfortable speaking before groups and to provide training on a 1-1 basis or in small and large groups.
- Must possess a vehicle and have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention/Advocacy, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, Mobile Food Pantry and a Soup Kitchen.