Preschool Teachers - Infant/Toddler Room
Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.
Will be the lead in a classroom of Head Start children and facilitates team planning, implementation, and supervision of classroom activities. Will work with typically developing children and children with disabilities. Serves as the liaison between the classroom team and case management team. Shares the responsibility for parent education and supporting parent involvement in the program. Provides supervision to Assistant Teachers, Program Aides and volunteers working in the classroom.
Position starts at $16.26 per hour.
- Work as a team member with classroom staff and parents to implement curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
- Responsible for the weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
- Directly supervises all classrooms staff and conducts on going supervision with classroom staff.
- Complete mandated 45 day requirements and ongoing assessments. Submit monthly paperwork to the supervisor.
- Schedule and arrange meetings, and documents parent-teacher conferences and home visits as required. Complete a minimum of two home visits per year and as needed.
REQUIREMENTS – candidates must send a cover letter along with a resume
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Experience working with infants and toddlers. Daycare experience a plus!
- Basic computer skills including Word applications, data entry programs, word processing and email helpful.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele. Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Some evening work may occasionally be required for events such as home visits and Parent Committee Meetings.
- Must possess a vehicle, be able to drive a company vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions; and must have a clean driver’s license.
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance and 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks