Early Childhood School Readiness/Home Visitor
Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.
This position is responsible for supporting families whose children are not in a class setting, to move toward school readiness. The Home Visitor work with families to assesses and identify barriers that impede school readiness and strengths that encourage school readiness. This position involves case management, advocacy and education to families on an assigned caseload. Socializations, education, health & nutrition, family services and social emotional needs are all addressed through the Home Visitor and further supported through the Home-Based Region of Saratoga County SCEOC Head Start.
The position is mobile and requires staff to complete home visits as described in the major duties. This position works with typically and atypically developing children and families.
Positions available in Malta, Saratoga Springs and Corinth
- Provide each family on the caseload with a weekly home visit to provide family-centered services that facilitate child development, support parental roles and promote self-sufficiency.
- Meet the required number of socializations for families per calendar year in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards. Complete all mandated screenings within the 45 day requirement.
- Develop developmentally appropriate activities related to the individual child. Work with the parent to develop an individual plan for his/her child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established goals (outcomes).
- Identify child and family needs. Support social and emotional development and provides positive guidance and discipline.
- Support parent involvement in program activities. Encourage parent involvement in Head Start and other SCEOC programs
- Participates in any special events put on by Head Start
- .Maintain strict confidentiality with respect to Head Start children, families and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS – please send a cover letter along with a resume
Position starts at $12.70 per hour.
- Minimum of a home-based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework (12 Early Childhood Education credits) as part of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge and experience in Child Development and Early Childhood Education; the principles of child health, safety and nutrition; adult learning principles; and family dynamics. Experience working with young and preschool age children is a must.
- Must be skilled in communicating and motivating people. Position requires strong advocacy skills relating to health and social services in support of families. Must have knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families to the appropriate agencies and services. Working knowledge of governmental and social services programs is a must.
- Basic computer skills with Windows applications and word processing skills helpful.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and clientele.
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and clear criminal records check, Initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must possess a vehicle and a clean driver’s license.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Mileage Reimbursement
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.