Beginning on Tuesday, September 28, 2016, Wellspring will take part in a month-long fundraising campaign as part of the 2016 Purple Purse Challenge. The month-long challenge is a fundraising competition where charities benefiting domestic violence survivors compete to raise the most money with the top teams winning grand prize cash donations totaling $325,000 from The Allstate Foundation.
Want to Help? Here’s What to Do:
Make a gift!
Every gift to Wellspring helps end relationship and sexual abuse in our community by providing crisis intervention, ongoing advocacy, educational programs, and social change efforts. (Stay tuned for the link to our fundraising page!)
Wellspring is looking for volunteers to help raise money for the campaign. All donations will be done online via our own Purple Purse fundraising page. Want to sign up? Visit our Purple Purse Page
, (go to www.wellspringcares.org/purple-purse
for the link to our Page). When you get to our Crowdrise page, click the purple ‘Fundraise’ button on the right hand side.
Help spread the word
–throughout the challenge, Wellspring will be sharing stories, images, and videos via Facebook and email. Help us get the message out by ‘Liking Our Facebook Page
,’ and sharing our posts!
- Create a friendly competition with some friends to see who can raise the most money or get the most donors
- Have an event at your home—Pampered Chef, Arbonne, football party, whatevs…get ‘em together for a common cause—to end relationship and sexual abuse in our community
- Do a community fundraiser and donate the funds—like a bake sale, car wash.
- Engage your co-workers--$5 to wear jeans on Friday, donate the Proceeds to Wellspring
- Carry a big purple purse to the farmer’s market—spark some conversation and then spread the word!